Healing Hands Deep Tissue Massage
Deep Tissue Massage is a type of massage therapy that focuses on realigning deeper layers of muscles and connective tissue. This treatment at Healing Hands Massage is for injury or problems areas and it is especially helpful for chronically tense and contracted areas such as stiff necks, low back tightness, and sore shoulders. The body is treated using a combination of massage techniques, including soft tissue release and acupressure.
The types of techniques used will be tailored to the individuals needs uncovered in the pre-treatment consultation. Ideal for pre, during or post exercise, this massage can help facilitate greater flexibility, fatigued or tightened muscles, cramp, frozen shoulder, whiplash injury and help improve recovery time after injury. Some of the same strokes are used as classic massage therapy, but the movement is slower and the pressure is deeper and concentrated on areas of tension and pain.
This massage treatment is a specific type of massage which aids in relaxing muscles, increases blood circulation and lymph flow, removes lactic acid and toxins, improves the healing time of strained ligaments and muscular tissue. It also reduces the inflammation of joints and heart rate, improves range of motion and joint flexibility, increases endorphins, strengthens the immune system, decreases spasms, improves oxygen flow and helps to relieve muscle tension.
Healing Hands Pregnancy Massage
Pregnancy is a wonderful time for a woman, but is also a time of many physical changes due to the extra weight from the baby putting pressure on joints, ligaments and organs often causing discomfort and pain.
Not only can pregnancy massage be physically beneficial, but the human touch can be comforting and provide emotional support during your pregnancy and preparation for giving birth. Pregnancy massage therapy has also been found to reduce anxiety and depression.
Research shows that the babies can also benefit greatly from massage as the “feel good” endorphins released by the mother during the massage are passed onto the baby. I often feel the baby come up to the surface to have a little massage of their own.
Receiving regular Healing Hands pregnancy massage throughout the pregnancy is a great way to nurture your body and become aware of the growing baby within. This also helps with the ability to relax during labour often resulting in shorter and easier births, less pain and a lower rate of post-natal complications.
The benefits of pregnancy massage:-
- Induces deep relaxation and peaceful sleep – When you are relaxed you will find that your sleep improves.
- Helps to reduce emotional stress, anxiety and creates a sense of well-being – as already stated pregnancy is a time of great change and this, along with fluctuating hormones and broken sleep can sometimes cause stress levels to rise. This is ok as long as the stress is also balanced with time to relax and be nurtured. Regular pregnancy massages at Healing Hands Massage will give you the space to deeply relax and rejuvenate and the time to enjoy your pregnancy and transition into motherhood.
- Eases pregnancy discomfort – Massage can soothe back and shoulder pain, sciatica, cramp, sore hips and tired legs.
- Stimulation of the circulation – This will distribute essential nutrients and fluid to all the vital organs, especially the placenta which will feed and aid the development of the baby.
- Reduces swelling – Massage eases oedema in the feet, legs, hands and wrists, and helps to avoid varicose veins from developing.
- Blood pressure – Helps to lower or keep blood pressure balanced.
- Oxytocin – Massage encourages the release of Oxytocin which is a pain reducing hormone providing vital relief of pain during labour and birth.